Jan 3, 2011

boo resolutions

I don't make resolutions. It's never really hit me that I should make a list to try and accomplish within 365 days. I know enough about myself to know that I would wait until day 364 to even start working on my list. I am that much of a procrastinator, believe me.

But we are creatures of habit, and for some people yearly resolutions are needed, as essential as those "to-do" lists and grocey store lists some people make.

I choose, instead, to focus on what I would like to change about myself, if I could - and then I try to make it happen, if I can. I don't beat myself up about it. I don't make myself sweat bullets over coming up with a monumental list, designed to make myself a million times better than I was the year before. It's too much pressure, too much stress. I think resolution lists are unrealistic.

I say focus on what you love about yourself - improve what you can and don't worry about the rest. It's okay to change and to grow and to learn new things. But it's just as okay to maintain, to coast - to stay the same and love it. You don't have to re-do yourself just because it's the new year. You can still be the same old "you" and I wouldn't think any less of you.

I hope you won't think any less of me if I just keep on keepin' on.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment!