I don't think it's set in yet - the knowledge that in less than two weeks I will be married. I am getting married. I'll say it again, slower. I. AM. GETTING. MARRIED.
Nope, nothing. I don't mean that I'm not excited (nice double-negative, eh?). I simply mean, it just doesn't seem real yet. The feeling, the idea, the spark, the whatever hasn't hit me. I just can't wrap my head around the fact that I'll be married. It seems like such a grown-up thing to be. Well, DUH. Does that make me sound immature beyond reason? Maybe.
I am ready to get married and to be married. Justin and I have been waiting for this for a long time. It's the next natural step in our relationship, even at our young age. This is how it goes. Love, marriage, baby-carriage. Well, we kind of got that out of order, but we still want those three things. We have love - we have our baby. Now it's time to make this thing official and be the married couple we were meant to be. He is my soulmate, my high-school sweetheart, my better half, my father's child, and my world.
Come next weekend, I'll get to call him my "husband". Nope, it still hasn't sunk in yet. But it will - sooner or later, I know it will.
I'm sorry but I totally went "SQUEEEEEEE" when I started reading this. ;o)
ReplyDeleteAnd as for waiting for it to hit you, it didn't hit me until (several months later) realising that marrying D was the most correct and natural thing to do. That's where you're at. :o)
awwww...i'm so excited for you!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete