May 28, 2010

a random, half-assed, patriotic excuse for a blog post.

Did I fall off the face of the earth or what? I went two whole days without blogging! Say that part real slow as you sort of shout, as if you were in a cave: twooooo whoooole dayssss!!! Kind of not like me. And kind of silly. And totally uninteresting, I know. Such is my life.

I've been crazy, super, beyond belief busy at work, and the last thing I want to do when I get home is blog. Sorry, little ole gal, that's just life. I've neglected my house. I've neglected myself. I've neglected the blog. Such is my life.

The weekend is here finally, and I'm sure you've all got big fun plans for your Memorial Day weekend. Me? I'll be spending time by the lake, hopefully swimming and lounging, and basically a whole lot of nothing. And in the front and back of my mind, I'll be remembering those who make this weekend and every day of my life possible. Those men and women in uniform, both past and present, who do so much and have done and will continue to do. You make and have made this nation great, even in times of woe, and you are the reason we are all alive and free today.

So yes, I know the reason for the season, as they say. I hope you do, too.

And I guess that's about it. I've got nothing to say after two whole day of saying nothing. Twooooo whoooole daysssss! *snicker* And I'm going to have a good weekend, so help me god. I hope you do, too.


*On a random and unrelated sidenote: I'm watching Public Enemies as I type this - and let me just say, Johnny Depp with a southern accent is HOT. Like dayum hot. That is all - I've got to go beat my dogs for barking at the wind. And the cows. And anything that exists.*

*I don't really beat my dogs, promise. Not real hard, anyways.*

1 comment:

  1. I think your weekend will be awesome!!! I am planning on an awesome weekend too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!