May 23, 2010

a sappy one for the husband

He's been gone all weekend. But now he's home. And I can finally sleep in our bed again. Because without him here, it isn't the same. When he's gone, and Sidney's gone - I just can't stand to be in there alone. I let the dogs sleep in the house Friday and Saturday night, even though I know he hates it, because I couldn't be here by myself, in our house alone.

The weekend was fun, don't get me wrong. Sidney had fun. I got to hang with Mom and Peanut on the lake Saturday which was wonderful. We had a blast - and I had a good relaxing time. Movies and staying up late and sleeping in. Hang time with friends and family. Perfect weather. It was a fantastic weekend.

But I'm glad he's back home. And I'm looking forward to tomorrow when the three of us can all snuggle up in our bed for the first time in almost a week. I've missed him. And I've missed our little nighttime set-up. I didn't realize how much I would miss him, how much I do miss him when he's gone.

husband's hands

But now I know. And now that I know, I hope I don't ever have to know what more than a few days without him would be like.

2 comments:

  1. awwww you do have it in you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes you need that time apart...makes it so much better when you're together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!