Apr 15, 2011

the wayside

I feel bad for poor little Nugget - she'll be here in less than 10 weeks and all she has to wear so far are some second-hand onesies! With Sidney I had a full closet stocked before I ever hit five months - between my friends, my mom and mother-in-law and myself, there were clothes falling out of every drawer and closet we could find!

And it's not just clothes I've been neglectful of either; we still have no crib put up, no changing table, no carseat, nothing. Sidney and Nugget will have to share a room, and while I've done lots of online browsing and research for "inspiration", I haven't moved the first piece of furniture. Sidney and I did manage to sort through some of her old toys and de-clutter a teeny bit, but there's still a ton of work to do. I'm hoping to play catch-up real soon and start pulling things together! I'm not even putting it on myself to have it all completely done by the time Nugget's here, I'd just like to get started at some point before delivery!

Things have definitely fallen by the wayside when it comes to getting ready for Nugget - we've all been so busy with other things, it just hasn't happened yet. I'm definitely already experiencing that "second child" serenity people talk about; I'm much less neurotic and worried and all-around crazy! So in a way, I think that makes up for my lack of preparation. Nugget will get a Momma that is calmer, more relaxed and ready to dive head first into loving her and taking care of her without those first-time fears.

But maybe I should still buy her some cute clothes to make up for the rest of it:

cute vintage via The Littlest

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment!