Jul 9, 2011

RJ's one month checkup

Yesterday, Sidney & I took Rhealen to the doctor for her one month checkup and HALLELUJAH! everything was perfect with our baby girl.

She had gained almost two whole pounds since birth (forumla FTW, I refuse to feel badly about not breastfeeding!) and had grown an entire inch. Perfect all the way around, according to our awesome peditrician (whom I didn't really click with in the hospital, but now totally love thankfully). It was just such a relief to get a good report, it always makes me nervous when they're so little like this.
At one month old, RJ is still pretty much the perfect baby. She's eating like a champion (obviously!) and sleeping great. She hasn't mixed up her days and nights yet, so I'm really hoping it stays that way. I'm getting at least four hours of sleep at night in a row, which is freaking awesome, just ask anyone who's ever had a newborn in the house! She's just a happy little girl, I honestly don't know what else to say.

I've been dealing with some lingering emotions I had from her birth, things like guilt and uncertainty - things I may choose to go in depth more later on. I'm still processing them myself right now, but I'm so glad to have skipped over any serious PPD. It's been a delight, fully and totally, and I'm just working really hard to soak up my last month of maternity leave...before it's back to work come August!

1 comment:

  1. 1.) Don't feel badly about formula feeding. I think it's completely a MOTHER'S choice. I think people who judge people for FEEDING a child to sustain their life are mental. haha.

    2.) The baby blues stinks. Like you, my "stuff" wasn't too deep, but I think having a baby and going through all that is tough stuff. Sorting through that emotion alone (even if you talk to a friend who knows what you are going through, I think it's normal to still feel alone through it) is really hard. I hope you start to feelin' like ol' MR soon! :) I think lil man was like 4 months before I felt somewhat like myself again...I imagine with #2 and all that newness that occurs it will take longer for me.

    3.) I'm glad I get to see you this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!