May 16, 2012

Our Beach Vacation

I keep forgetting to talk about the beach - I made such a fuss about being SO EXCITED to go on our first family vacation! ever! to the beach! you'd think I'd be more inclined to talk about it and photo-dump every post.

Truth is, I only had my phone for pictures. Justin and I both forgot to pack our cameras, and I didn't stop and get a disposable like I said I would. So IG ruled the day when it came to documenting our trip. (And I stole a couple photos from my wonderful sister-in-law, too!)

This post is image heavy but I wanted to get it all out in post! So here goes...





As previously mentioned, the kids did great driving down to North Carolina. Justin drove the entire way, and I snuck in a two hour nap just before we made our arrival around 4AM. LeAnna was kind enough to get up with the girls on Wednesday morning so Justin and I could sleep in a little. Then, it was up and off to beach!


I couldn't even wait to strip her clothes off (and yes, she was already covered in sunscreen), I just had to let her down and let her feel the ocean, the sand, her first experience! RJ loves the beach, can't get enough of it. She loves the waves, the sand, the wind - all of it.

Sidney is a horse of a different color. She likes the sand (for the most part) but hates the waves. She does enjoy chasing seagulls, though!




I often refer to Justin as my "other child" - he's such a big kid at heart, it's nearly impossible to take him somewhere and not have fun!




Thursday, we hit up the local aquarium and enjoyed things related to the ocean/beach while being in the comfort of the air-conditioner. Sidney is definitely my child, by the way - we borrowed our friend Meghan's double stroller to haul the girls around in. Sidney pulled a Scarlett O'Hara on us and insisted on being pushed at all times!






On Friday, we finally got to spend some time with LeAnna AND Matt (Sidney's favorite person in the world!) - we explored the surrounding area and just spent time running around all day.




We also had plenty of hang-out time at LeAnna and Matt's house - sometimes just chilling out at home is better than any trip you can take! Not to mention the fact that we were all spoiled rotten with food, music, movies and more funny stories and jokes than we could handle!









On Friday evening we went out in search of good seafood; good seafood we did not find. Instead, we got the worst seafood meal I've ever eaten. Bad service, bad food, bad prices. But good company, so that saved the evening! And I took my most favorite picture of Sidney ever down by the water - she just posed like that all by herself. Girl needs no coaching when it comes to pulling off a fierce model pose!



Saturday we hit up the beach again - I love the ocean and I love the beach, but going with two kids is insanely hard. Thank god for Matt & Fanny. We'd never been able to do it without them.










We headed back later that afternoon and let the girls do what they do best after a long day at the beach:



Before heading back home that night, we went out for Mexican food (it was Cinco de Mayo after all!) - RJ had a bit of wild hair going on, it was too funny.



Then we packed up the van (thanks again Mom!) and headed back home. My dear sweet husband drove the entire way back while me and the girls slept. Mom and Peanut came and got the kids for us Sunday morning so we could sleep in, and that was the official end of our first family vacation.

I have to say a huge thank to you LeAnna and Matt for putting us up and putting up with us for almost a week. Having them there made the trip 10x more enjoyable and easy-going for us. And thank-you to my dear Momma for lending us her van. Traveling with that many people in one vehicle was especially nice and we had plenty of room to stretch out and keep our stuff rounded up. I'm all for a minivan, y'all!

I can't wait for our next trip - whenever, wherever! It's nice to know we can do this whole "family vacation" thing and still make it back on one piece!


1 comment:

  1. Aww, reminds me of my childhood when my dad and i would dig huge holes on the beach! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!