Aug 7, 2013

Semi & Non-Traditional Engagement Rings

I've mentioned before, years ago, that I don't have a "typical" engagement ring -- and I love it. Currently, I don't wear my engagement ring at all -- the stone is big, and I've been known to accidentally scratch my babies' backs during diaper changes! Eek! -- so it sits in my jewelry box, just waiting for the day when diaper duty is a thing of the past, and I can happily wear it again without worrying about scratches. Instead, I wear my little diamond band and enjoy it in all its simplicity and understated glory. 

I hope my girls grow up with a little of my unconventionality and feel confident and open enough to the idea of diverting from the path of tradition. I think it's only natural, once you celebrate your own wedding and become a mother to little girls, to daydream about your daughters' weddings. And while I hope that day is years away (my girls are already growing up too fast as it is!), I like to think about planning and shopping and doing all of the fun wedding activities with them as the mother of the bride :)

And in that spirit, here are some non-traditional rings I've found and admired -- who knows, maybe one day one of my girls will choose something like this! (Only bad part of having two girls, I can't give them both my ring! What's a momma to do?)


Barra Ultra Petite Size Version 14kt Rose Gold Thin Morganite Cushion Halo Engagement Ring



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!