![]() |
| Halloween 2012 |
Loving: How excited Sidney is for Halloween -- she's finally got the whole spirit of Halloween down to a "T"! She loves the thought of dressing up and trick-or-treating. She has a little dance at school this week, and she's just been so into all things Halloween related. I love that she shares an appreciation for such a fun holiday with me :)
Reading: "The Accursed" by Joyce Carol Oates -- it's been slow starting out, but I'm getting into it slowly but surely. I've been trying to carve out some time late in the evenings for a little "me" time with a bath and a book. It'll probably take me six months to finish this book (if I only read while bathing!) but it's enjoyable thus far.
Watching: I've got three shows I'm following right now (thank goodness for the DVR!) and so far, they're all going really good! Sunday nights are for The Walking Dead (of course!) at 9pm and then Masters of Sex at 10pm -- two totally opposite shows but both are so, so good. I just happened into watching Masters of Sex, but so far, it's been really good! And of course, Wednesday nights belong to AHS: Coven -- I watched AHS: Murder House on Netflix in two days, and I still need to catch up on AHS: Asylum. I'm a big Ryan Murhpy fan, the man can do no wrong in my book!
Eating: Blueberry shredded wheat cereal, blueberry bagels, blueberry cream cheese. These past couple of weeks have been nothing but blueberry! blueberry! blueberry!
Anticipating: I know we haven't even technically made it to Halloween yet, but I am SO (recently) EXCITED for Christmas. Being on the parent side of the parent/child equation of Christmas is such a joy, it's hard not to be excited about such a magical time of year. The kids make Christmas the most wonderful time of the year, and while I refuse to wish time away and skip over these next two autumnal/winter holidays, I do look forward to Christmas with my family.
Listening to: NPR -- who is this person I've become??
Working on: Mentally preparing for a fourth baby -- I feel like I just now got the hang of three kiddos (and I guess I really just did) so throwing a wrench into our routine feels like a bit of a looming cloud overhead. I know it'll work out, and I'll figure out my groove eventually, but when you're the parent responsible for the weekday morning routine (solo!) it can be intimidating. The kids and I do it 99% of the time -- we manage to get up and dressed and out the door on-time almost every single M-F morning, but I just don't know how we're going to do it with five of us. But, the show must go on -- c'est la vie! Bring it on!
Wishing: The winter months weren't so dreary -- I've tried to teach myself that the winter months don't have to be so dreadful. Happiness and warmth and sunshine can come from within. I can surround myself in warm thoughts, scenes of summer, and things will instantly feel better. One of the greatest and warmest pictures I keep in my mind is soaking up the sun through closed eyes -- that wonderful, warm feeling of closing your eyes but "looking" up towards the sun. The light pours through your closed eyes and just envelopes your face and body -- it's the dreamiest, warmest summer memory I keep to get me through the cold, dark days of winter.
Currently series inspired by Danielle.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment!