Jan 9, 2014

Jaxon - Month 12


Today, our Jaxon turned the big O-N-E!

Twelve months flew by, and here we have an official "big boy" on our hands - he's our wild, demanding, rowdy little ruffian! This child is all boy in every way possible. He is 90% walking and is always on the go - the only time I get to snuggle with him is the 10 minutes he takes to drink his bottle (we've got to work on getting rid of the bottle soon....sigh). He has realized wrestling with Daddy is 1,000x more fun than wrestling with me, and so Justin is taking over my place as the #1 person in his eyes. 

He adores Toby, which is so not what I was expecting! He LOVES him, even though that love is a little tough...still, that squeal of joy when he sees his little brother melts me. I can't deny him a little brotherly love bonding (god, I hope it stays this way between them!)



I love this little man beyond words, to the moon and back, a million and one ways, over and over. He is the divine light of my life, the boy who stole my heart and helped me become a better mom (and human being in general) - I could literally wax poetic about him for days on end.


We will celebrate with family and cake and presents on Sunday (we did a little celebration this evening, just to be official!) - but I try to celebrate him every day. Even in the moments of chaos and tantrums and pure ugliness, being his momma is the best thing ever.


Happy birthday, Jaxie Buddy! We love you "big man"!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!