Yesterday our little Toby Fields marked being with us for one month! Hard to believe it, as always, but I fully expect him to be turning 18 tomorrow the way time flies these days.
Toby is a wonderful baby, the perfect fourth addition of our children. He eats, sleeps, and poops just as a newborn should. He's never fussy, never minds having to hang out and wait on momma while I tend to the rest of the crowd. He's so patient with all the hands that want to hold him or poke him (or sometimes karate chop him, as Jaxon is prone to doing sometimes) - he sleeps snuggled in between Justin and me at night, and during the day, sleeps wherever he lays his head. Sometimes he's in his crib, other times in Jaxon's crib, and sometimes he even sleeps in his bouncy seat (although that can be a dangerous position with Jaxon on the loose!)
Our little "Tobes, Toad, Toby Buddy" is the most gassy baby I've ever met, but he doesn't seem to mind - he just farts his way through the day, and I get all the more gassy "smiles" for it!
He's growing like a little weed, changing so much already, I can't wait to hear how much he weighs now when we take him to the doctor on Monday.
Sometimes I look down at him snuggled in my arms and still can't believe he's really real and really here and really a boy! He has just fit right into our lives and home and heart, and while adjusting to four kids is quite the jolt!, he was meant to be here all along.
To paraphrase "Juno", he helped complete our circle of love.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment!