Mar 19, 2014

Sidney Morgan 6.5, Rhealen Jo 2.8


Both of the girls have changed so much since I last updated on them individually (here and here) -- but duh! of course they're totally different. I could update on them daily, and it'd be something new every day.

Every day they grow and shift and reach new levels. Every single day is a new adventure with these two ladies!


Sidney is in the throes of first grade, which has been quite the shift from Kindergarten for her. Even after 100+ days of school, we still struggle with homework and reading and test-taking. It's a process, one I'm struggling with still, too, as a parent. Just last night I said to Justin, "I can't imagine trying to do all of this when all four of them are in school!" I really hope we find the groove before then :)


Sidney is a wonderful delight of a child -- she's always been the dearest little girl, and her love still knocks me to my knees. She is tender-hearted, so loving, and as sweet as anyone could ever be. She always wants to hold hands or give hugs -- she's definitely a big help with all the littles running around!

Lately she's been on a huge "Teen Beach Movie" kick, which I like to think is just the beginning of her "pre-teen" years obsessed with boy bands and passing notes between friends and daydreaming about high school. Been there, done that.


We're signing little miss up for T-ball again this Spring, and she's already put it out there she wants to take swimming lessons in the Summer. I'm so glad she's showing some interest in something extracurricular -- at times I get worried she doesn't want to participate in more things. I was always into something as a kid, and while I don't want to push her into anything she doesn't want to do, I want to help her find the things she would enjoy doing (if that makes any sense ??)

One thing Sidney is always interested in is being girly (!!) She loves makeup, jewelry, dresses, pedicures, and all of that lovely little lady stuff. It's so odd having a girly-girl (since I am not one myself) -- there have been quite a few occasions that Sidney is disappointed in my lack of makeup to play with :)


Our little pint-sized powerhouse Rhealen Jo is quite the force these days. Two is terrible, truly, and I'm looking forward to three. I always thought three was a great age, somewhat harder than two in some ways, but so much more fun most times. Three is much more verbal, more active, more independent! 


Lately, Rhealen hates having her photo taken, so good shots of her are few and far in between. She does, however, like having videos taken so she can watch herself later (over and over and over again). RJ is very much still into Brave -- she loves going to library school with her babysitter (and her brothers!) although our shy little duckling doesn't actively participate much from what I understand. She's a lurker, one to watch from the sidelines. She doesn't care for crowds. Loudness intimidates her, and she much prefers the quiet and comfort of places she is familiar with. 


That pink "blankie" is her prized possession; getting her to go to sleep without it can be a bit of a nightmare! With two baby brothers, RJ tends to regress quite a bit -- she still wants a paci (and I am soft, I usually give in for bedtime!) and has zero interest in potty training. Lately she's been quite affectionate, which is not her norm. I find myself covered in Rhealen hugs and "I just sit on you right here" for no real reason; not that I mind one bit. While Rhealen isn't the most loving of my children, when she is sweet there's no one sweeter than her.


These girls of mine sure do light up my whole world; I can't imagine having two better daughters, two better big sisters for the boys -- they are everything I could hope for and more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!