May 27, 2014

Currently

Memorial Day ice-cream with our big three tots!
Loving: Summer is officially here, and I am *so* excited >> now it's officially time for late nights spent running around the yard, catching fireflies, roasting marshmallows, swimming at the lake, and bright, warm days! My heart belongs to the fall season, but summer is a close second (remind me of this when I'm whining from the sweltering heat come mid-July!)  

Cooking: Every weekend I make our traditional breakfast hash; it's become a staple of our weekends, and so far, we've not even begun to get burnt out (see previous Currently post for recipe, if you'd like!) >> I've also been trying different desserts using the plethora of fresh fruit from this season: strawberries have become the #1 fruit of our house! When they're not being gobbled whole fresh out of the bin, I've been using them on cakes and ice-creams. 

Anticipating: Rhealen Jo will be 3 on June 6th, so we're busy planning her little birthday party! We've been talking with her about presents and cake and teaching her how many fingers to hold up when someone asks her how old she is. It's the sweetest!  

Listening to: "Fancy"//Iggy Azalea (as if you didn't already know)  

Working on: Our yard: little by little we're adding some outdoors pieces to our yard. The creek that runs in front of our house is, by far, the greatest thing about our property (just ask our girls!) but there's so much more I'd like to do in our yard. I have no green thumb AT ALL, but I do love my bird-feeders. Eventually I dream about building a little deck over part of the creek, setting up an outdoors movie projector system, and maybe even adding a water wheel! Oh, and a koi pond. And a pergola! (Obviously my "wants" don't match my "budget")  

Crafting: I've been practicing on my hand-stitching techniques after *years* of telling myself I was going to get started >> I am so very, very amateur at it, but I love it! I bought a whole new bunch of supplies this past weekend at Michael's, and I try to spend a little time in the evenings to work on it. It's fun, stress-relieving, and lately, even Sidney has been working on pieces with me. Best thing I've done for myself in a long time! 

Currently series inspired by Danielle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!