Jul 15, 2014

Birdie

On Saturday we added another blip to the crazy stream that is our lives: we got a dog!

We rescued this little girl, Birdie, from a local shelter + it was love at first sight. She's around 1.5 years old + they believe she's a Blue Heeler/Australian Shepherd mix. She really is the sweetest little pup you could ever hope to meet!

I still can't believe we somehow talked Justin into owning a dog again (we had to rehome our last two dogs a few years back after they attacked our neighbor's dog) -- so even though we've brought Birdie home and plan on having her for years to come, I'm still holding my breath a little + I get worried she'll run off or get picked up or something drastic like that.


But so far, she's a dream + she doesn't bark, doesn't jump or do anything excessively annoying like that with either us or the kids. She hasn't tried to wander off and hasn't been down near the road by our house.

The only negative? She is determined to escape every kennel we put her in. She managed to escape two different kennels three different times! Each time though, she just comes right back to our front porch, to her little spot in the corner.
 
I am so glad we got a family dog, and I'm so glad we found her when we did. She is perfect --in my eyes-- and even though it's another level of crazy added to our days, I wouldn't have it any other way!
 
She's just one more baby to love :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!