Jul 30, 2014

"Realness"

Tomorrow, Toby's monthly update post will be published.
 
And then after that, I think I'm going to take a hiatus -- definitely from blogging, maybe from all social media (although giving up my Facebook and Instagram will be hard) -- I just feel a need to pull back and reconnect.
 
Reconnect with myself and my family and my priorities. It's a struggle, and it's a part of our society these days -- everyone is so connected with the online world instantly, but are we really connecting to each other?
 
It's a question I think a lot of us are asking ourselves these days -- though if you're like me, you're not quite sure what the first step to regaining some of that "realness" should be.
 
For me, I'm just going to back away for the time being. I'd like to do a cold turkey month-long exodus. Just step away and see what else shines through.
 
You never know what's waiting on the other side of the closed door -- and if you never open it, the possibilities will forever be a mystery.
 
Mystery be damned, I want to know what's on the other side of that door.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!