May 10, 2010

an end in sight

After five long months of living off unemployment checks, ceaseless phone calls to every job ad out there, days ticking by with no end in sight, bank accounts in the red, dinners of bologna and hotdogs, waiting and waiting and waiting and hoping.....

Justin finally got his job back today.

We are so thankful. So very thankful. We were lucky enough to have amazing parents who took care of us and Sidney when we couldn't do it for ourselves. We are both so grateful to the people who have supported us, helped us and seen us through.

Who knows how long this job will last. The point is, for now he has a job. And we've learned to take things one day at a time in this house, in these hard times. So for today we're smiling, feeling blessed and lucky and grateful. And we know how hard it is, we realize that there are millions of other people all across the world still feeling the sting of this economy we all live in. It's hard, for all of us, but it will get better. I promise you, it will get better. Someday.

I know Justin is one happy boy right now. He's thankful to have a job, even though he's a little sad he won't get to spend every day with Sidney anymore. That's the biggest hurdle right now, figuring out who's going to keep the SidMonster. But we'll work that out.

I knew today's giddy feeling had to come from somewhere. Call it intuition. I just knew today was going to be a good one.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you both! But bologna and hot dogs? I can tell you how to live on oatmeal and bananas for weeks! (yeah it all tastes the same after a while, but with this "diet" you keep things loose). I think the economy is getting better ... we're not seeing so much month at the end of the paycheck, Gail's working for the Census and my company wants me on the road a lot this summer (logging those miles at .50 per!), so hopefully it's better for everyone. And, most importantly, you, JLG and SidMo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!