Feb 7, 2012

{8 Months}

Our little Nugget hit the 8-month mark yesterday. She's 2/3 of the way to her first birthday (which I must tell you, Sidney is already planning for her with great delight)!


This past week has been a bit of a doozy for her; she's been quite the sick little ladybug and wants to be held and loved constantly. We took her to the Dr yesterday and she has a case of RSV and an ear infection, so it's antibiotics and lots of humidified air for this girl. If I leave her sight, it's instant meltdown. Even her big sister isn't enough of a comfort to her - although Sidney recently discovered her snake-charming side. She found a way to kiss Rhealen's cheek that puts her in a total trance. It's the cutest!

Rhealen has mastered the art of sitting up, but no crawling yet. If she's on a slick enough surface, she can scoot clear across the room! She will put her hands down in front of her and try to rock back and forth, so crawling is only a matter of time.

She still has the best appetite of any baby I've ever seen. There's nothing this kid won't eat! She loves fruits, veggies, meats, breads - all of it. Some her favorites include pears, bananas, asparagus, mozerella cheese, pizza, sour cream & chive cheese crackers and waffles. Of course, she also has a penchant for iced tea and ice cream, but I'm not supposed to admit she eats that stuff! Or eggs and peanut butter. Or double-stuff Oreos.


As of right now, she sleeps almost 11 hours every night - most of the time through the night, but sometimes she wakes up rooting for her paci. If you pop it back in quick enough, she goes right back to sleep. We recently moved her pack-n-play out of the living room and into the girls' room and the transition has made a world of difference. She sleeps better, longer, more soundly. She's also a huge fan of white noise, so I think we're going to invest in a sound machine sometime in the near future.

She can clearly say "da-da" (her favorite word), "mom-mom" and "num-num". We're working on more, lord knows Sidney is dying to hear her say her name. I don't have the heart to tell her it'll be awhile before she spits that one out!

I honestly don't think I could ask for a better baby - she's sweet as can be, loves her family and has a great adaptability to roll with the punches (most of the time). She loves to be on the go in the car, and yet you can almost hear her breathe a sigh of relief when we walk through the front door at home. She plays well by herself and is in love with taking showers with me. She has a lot of little quirks and habits that remind me of Sidney (like sticking her left leg up on the table while she eats in her high chair) but she's so totally opposite Sidney sometimes, it's amazing they're even related.


I look at her sometimes and think to myself, I made you. I carried you. I felt your first movements, your first kicks. I was the one you heard first, and I'm the one you knew first. How blessed am I to have known her first, to be the one who shared a body with her and helped her grow into this being of light and love. She's been outside of my body almost as long as she was inside.

Happy, wonderful 8 months, my sweet Rhealen Jo. 

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment!