Feb 24, 2012

my sense of humor is clearly better than my sense of fashion

So the other day I had some time to kill and I thought to myself, "hey, why not go try on some clothes!"

Whenever I'm bored and have some extra time I like to go look at things just for shits and giggles, things I don't intend to buy but just enjoy looking at (if you work on commission anywhere, sorry that's just how I roll). I like to test drive cars just for fun, go look at mobile homes for the heck of it, and apparently, try on clothes just to make a blog post out of it!

And let me say, the "fashion" of today scares me. Like, really scares me.

I discovered two things while browsing around:
#1 I have a very distinct pattern of things I like to wear
#2 I am way out of touch with the "in" crowd when it comes to clothes

So without further ado, here are some looks I put together that are flattering, horrifying and everything in between!

Look #1
Look #1

At first, I thought to myself, "This isn't half bad" - then I tried to move around a little to see how it looked.

Wow, is this shit fashion nowadays? Ugh.

And then I was all, "WHAT THE HELL?" - this shirt is the absolute least flattering thing I've ever put on my body. Who does this look good on?

Correct answer: no one.

Look #2
Look #2

I like this shirt - I think I have this shirt in about 10 different patterns and colors at home. It's a definite thumbs-up for me.

Look #3
Look #3

And to get all saucy and daring, I threw on a little caplet thing. And I felt like such a hipster!

Look #4
Look #4

I loved this pattern and this material, but it was a wee big tight on me. Looks pretty good standing there, sucking my gut in, but as soon as I sat down the rolls came popping out all over. Not hot.

Look #5
Look #5

Definitely a thumbs down! You can totally see my bra and my muffin top pooching out over my jeans. I know what you're thinking, "just wear a tank underneath" but no. I don't want to buy a shirt that I have to wear another shirt underneath it just to be decent in public.

Look #6
Look #6

Okay, here's thing about this shirt: I do not wear belts of any kind. Not on my pants, not around my shirts. But I know this is trendy, so I figured I'd give it a try. Looks so-so from the front, right? Not too bad?

Well look at the side-view:
Look #6

My back-fat is totally munching on some belt. Not exactly hot in my book. I think I'll live this trend to the hipsters and skinny bitches.

Look #7
Look #7

This shirt, as corny as it is, is totally up my alley! I feel like John Travolta (obviously) and very comfortable.

And as you can see, the best part:
Look #7

No back-fat, baby!

Look #8
Look #8

This top? I love it. I love everything about it. It's black. It's flattering. It's black. It's girly. It's black. I die.

Look #9
Look #9

And to finish off our fashion show, I thought I'd try on a dress - but I wasn't about to take my pants off because then you'd see my pale white legs and lovely, unshaven hairs. So this is what you get. I feel like a total hippie in this dress, and not the good kind. The cheap, trying-too-hard, polyester version.

And double-whammy:


Why, yes, I did just have a baby. Eight months ago.

As you can see, clearly I have zero fashion sense. But I do have a sense of humor. And that makes any trip to the dressing room a little bit more tolerable!


3 comments:

  1. You're so funny! I loved this post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The truth will set you free :) I always be honest with myself in the dressing room; and why stress about clothes that don't fit or flatter. I say, "have fun with it" no matter what size you are!

      Thanks gal!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!