Apr 19, 2012

{10 months}

Boy howdy, I missed the 6th by a bunch this month!

But, better late than never, right?

On the 6th, our little dumpling turned the big double-digit TEN months old! Time is zooming by, lightening speed - but I'm loving this growth spurt in Rhealen Jo.


She's got this crawling thing down to a science, even though it's definitley an ugly science! She crawls just like her big sister did, the "broken down crab" thing is hilarious. It feels like only yesterday we were watching Sidney tuck her right leg underneath her and take off crawling around. I sound like a broken record, I know, but man! time flies!


Little RJ is a lover of the "rough and tumble" exploring. She crawls over, under, through and beyond - she's always on the lookout for something to get into! She's started pulling herself up on the furniture and has mastered holding on to things with one hand while she rifles through knick-knacks and toys with the other. I have the suspicious feeling it won't be long 'til she lets go and starts walking! (ohmygod, walking!)


She has managed to put on nearly 2 pounds in just one month! The last time her baby-sitter, Sandy, was at the doctor she had them weigh Miss Thing. She tipped the scales just over 18 lbs! To look at her, you can just see the "growth" and change in her. She looks so much bigger, so much more developed. Those precious little "baby" features are fading away to "big girl" looks. Still, she's got those bright blue eyes that I love to get lost in.


Sidney is still the absolute "bee's knees" to Rhealen (or as Sidney has started calling her, "Rhea-Rhea") - there is no one that compares to her big sister! The only time she prefers momma over the big sister is bedtime; other than that, she'd be perfectly happy to chase around after SidMo all day long. They play peekabo in the car, chase each other crawling through the house and sing songs like "Patty Cake" and "Itsy Bitsy Spider" over and over. The girls together = my heart complete.



Girlfriend is still an excellent sleeper (at least 12 hours solid every night!) and eats more than ten grown men at one time. There's nothing she won't eat (except maybe lemons!) and nothing she won't drink. She's learned how to make the "ahhhh" sound -you know, like you make when drink something really refreshing- when she wants a drink belonging to someone else. It's these little habits that I adore!

And now that I've successfully rattled on and on and on about my sweet RJ, I think I can stop feeling so bad about missing her monthly update on her montly birth-date. I'd been doing so good, I hate to think I almost fell off the wagon so close to her 1st birthday (just six more weeks, more or less)!

Momma loves you, Rhealen Jo!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!