Dec 14, 2012

Currently

It's half of baby brother's little face! Can't wait to meet him in person, oh-so soon! 


Eating: More cereal than should be legal - although I am proud to admit I finally did branch away from Frosted Flakes for the moment (Frosted Flakes and watermelon are the two consistent cravings I've had with all three of my pregnancies...)

Watching: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, per Sidney's request - she has fallen in love with the new cartoon series, so Justin and I have been introducing her to the original movies (1990, holla!)...

Thinking about: This sweet baby and how excited I am to meet him! I have no idea how he'll fit into our family's crazy life, but I know he's so wanted and so anticipated, it'll all fall into place. Now, if only he'd make his big debut! 

Anticipating: Closing on our house (finally!) and moving in - we're definitely cutting it close with the baby's due date, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed we're (mostly) settled in by the time he arrives...next month!

Listening to: Ted Nugent - "Stanglehold" even though it kills me a little inside. I've become obsessed with this song lately! 

Working on: Learning to balance better and really divide up simple tasks around the house. Automatically I find myself attempting to "do it all, all by myself" at the house, and nowadays especially, it just doesn't happen. Normally I don't ask Justin to help me out with my end of the housework/mommy duties, but the other night I had to - and you know what? It was so easy. He didn't mind (duh!) and I loved having an extra set of hands helping me out with simple tasks (like getting the girls bathed and dressed for bed) - I'm not sure why I try to adopt this Wonderwoman-mentality of "I can do it! Yes, I can!" when clearly, I can't - not right now at least, not by myself! 

Wishing: I would feel better - the last few weeks of this pregnancy have really kicked my butt, and I'm nearing the end mentally (and physically). My back kills me constantly, sleep is non-existent and my poor bladder is never going to recover. Ever. I'm grateful for my body and the amazing job it's done carrying all three of my kids, but believe me, I'm over it. D-o-n-e, done. Couple that with the butt-kicking cold I've had all week, and I feel like I've reached the end of my rope. 

Currently series inspired by Danielle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!