Luckily for me, I am a very laid-back kind of person. Those dresses don't work? Okay, whatever. Let's just pick out new ones. The lady that worked at the dress shop gave me this "Really?! You're serious?" kind of look - like she couldn't believe I didn't lay down in the floor like a 2-year-old and demand that my dresses somehow magically appear on time and ready to go!!! Umm, I am 20-years-old. I may still be a "kid" in many ways, but I am more mature than that.
So that is what we did exactly. Me and two out of three of my bridesmaids sat down, started flipping pages. I was very cut-throat. If I didn't immediately like it, I said "next!" - it was actually quite fun. I narrowed my choices down to two different dresses, took a majority vote and picked the one I liked best anyway. Right before we were getting ready to look up colors, sizes, shipping info, etc - the wonderful lady at the dress shop gave me a subtle suggestion. It was something I hadn't thought about before (because wedding-planning is not my forte, believe me). She pulled out color swatches and started mixing and matching my colors, offering advice on switching up the colors for each dress and/or for one special dress (like my MOH's dress). So that's what I did - I took her advice. I said "sure! why not?" and again she gave that WTF? look. I'm easy, lady. I don't give a shit anymore. I JUST WANT TO GET MARRIED. I don't care if the girls wear burlap sacks!!!
We picked out a dress - Dobby (who is my MOH) is getting a kiwi dress with a chocolate sash, whilest Cassie and Miranda are going to wear chocolate dresses with kiwi sashes. Is that cute? I think so. If not, I really don't care. They're gorgeous girls, so they'll look great in anything. I'm not worried - and if they look awful, we can always go with the burlap sack. After all, it is in my color scheme.
Here's the dress:
What do you think?
My first wedding dress was DESTROYED by the poor alterations. After that, nothing can possible phase me! I think I really confuse people, because I am just so "sure whatever" with everyone. I pretty much told my florist do whatever she wanted. The only direction I gave the cake maker was, "Screw up, and I send it in to cakewrecks."
ReplyDeleteI don't know you or your maids but one piece of advice.
ReplyDeleteI wore a dress that resembles this cut when I stood at my sister-in-law's wedding and let me tell you, they don't make enough double-sided to tape to keep that dress where it should have been. I spent the entire wedding hiking it back up. If any of your maids are well endowed in the breast region, they gonna need something with a strap. :)
Gorgeous color!