I always love my daughter, that goes without being said. But it's such a delight to fall in love with her over and over again.
There have been moments over the past (almost) three years where my heart swells with love and I feel as though it might burst in a matter of seconds. She'll say something or do something or look a certain way and it's almost too much.
Yesterday morning we were on the couch snuggling and cuddling and tickling and kissing - all the little things I love to do with her on the weekend mornings I can actually enjoy, instead of our usual running out the door with clothes and bags and toys flying out of every corner. We sat there together, lost in the precious early moments of the morning, and I couldn't help but feel that heart-swelling moment arise. I pushed her hair back off her face and smiled.
"Some day you'll be too big for this, you know? You won't want me to kiss all over you like this"
"You can kiss me, momma."
"You'll still let me do this when you're a big girl?"
"Sometimes. Just one more time."
And then it was hugs and kisses and smiles galore. She knows when I get a little weepy around her. She says "don't cry" and puts her head on my shoulder. She slays me, that kid of mine. She's so compassionate, so understanding. Even in the midst of her struggles with the dealing with her own emotions and the tantrums that arise from that confusion, she knows and feels the feelings of those around her. She doesn't like when Justin and I argue. She tells us "calm down" and "be quiet". You can't help but laugh when you see her acting like a little Dr. Phil.
She's endearing and sweet and I love her to pieces. It's hard to believe she'll be three in less than three months. Where has the time gone? Where has my little baby gone? How is it even possible that I'm still falling in love with her more and more so many days, weeks, months, years later?
Will it always be like this? Will I just continue to love her more and more over the years? I didn't think I was capable of such love, but here I am, lost in love with my child. Exactly where I want to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment!