Jun 25, 2010
if you hear this song and think of Napoleon Dynamite you obviously suck
Yesterday was my Dad's 46th birthday.
And while there's a multitude of songs out there that remind me of him (Santana's "Smooth" for example, seeing as how he used to sing the lyrics "or else forget about it" incorrectly as "horace forget about it"), this particular song by Bette Midler from the move also called "The Rose" makes me think of him everytime.
He used to say the words before she would sing them, all the while his right hand would be conducting the music in the air, making a dozen swirls in the front seat of whatever car he was driving at the time.
Happy Birthday Dad, I hope you had a wonderful one.
And because I can't find the picture of my Dad I'm searching for, here's a picture of one of his many gorgeous roses from last year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment!