Mar 25, 2011

damaged film

One of my goals this summer (besides having this baby) is to get outside with my trusty old Canon Rebel 35mm and experiment with film photography. I'm also thinking about investing in some Lomography cameras to play with, but we'll see.

Before I buy the camera that is made to manipulate the film, I thought it'd be fun to learn how to "damage" the film myself to create some really amazing shots. I've been browsing around on flickr (god bless flickr) and some of the photos people have been able to create are simply amazing. I think damaged film is my new favorite obsession!

Here are some of my absolute favorites:
Damaged Vines

country

I take all the loneliness I can get.

Silent

It's pretty amazing what some people can do - I've always wanted to learn how to process and develop my own film. Most people probably dream of having their own in-home theater or six-car garage - I just want a darkroom in the basement!

If you'd like to learn how to do more creative things with your film, read up on this fun article here. Hopefully you'll see some creative shots from me this summer, especially seeing as how I'll have an adorable new little face to practice on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!