Oct 12, 2011

Sidney Morgan 4.1

Sidney is amazing, amazing beyond words. But I'll try.
She is my light, my eldest, my beautiful girl. Sometimes her imagination blows my mind away, and it's hard to keep up with her. She's soaking up the world around her at lightning speed. She loves books, and even though she can't technically read, she's memorized every word of her favorite books. And then sometimes, she just makes up the words as she goes.




There's a lot of talk going around the web these days about how we shouldn't first compliment little girls on their beauty but instead their brains or personality. Personally, I feel as long as you're supporting a child whole-heartedly, it doesn't matter what the subject is. I do my best to tell Sidney she's beautiful and smart and lovely and funny and friendly and special - because to me, all of those qualities are lovable and important.


Sidney loves school; when she's misbehaving all I have to say is "okay, you're not going to school tomorrow", and the bad behavior dissolves instantly. She stresses about "reading tests", even though there are no tests in Pre-K. She loves to ride the bus and dreams of taking her own lunch to school one day (I know, I need to make that happen for her!). She's already learned her 5-digit code for the cafteria, and I'm fairly certain she's learned 90% of all the people at her school already. She has all of Mom's 3rd graders wrapped around her finger, and she loves being a cheerleader, even though she definitely marches to beat of her own drum!


Sidney loves being the "big sister" - she loves for me to tell her stories of when she was born and always says, "I'm the first, I was born first". She's constantly in a race or competition with Rhealen, but I know most of that will fizzle over time (I hope). She reads to her "sissy", plays with her on her activity mat, loves giving her baths (with my help, of course), loves to watch cartoons with her and will make any silly face or noise she can think of to make Rhealen smile.


Sidney has been such a blessing to our lives, it's hard to believe she's four going on five going on thirty. I look back and my heart is filled with such warm memories of where we've been. I can only imagine where we're going.

I've said it before a hundred million times. I'm so glad she's mine. I'm so glad I'm hers.



See other Sidney Morgan volumes here:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!