Monday, Sidney and I went to the Punkin' Patch with her PreK class; it was our first official "field trip" and I can now proudly say, "damn! I feel old."
I'm the mom on the field trips now -- the one responsible for packing snacks and holding hands and keeping up with busy little bodies. Time is zooming by at warp speed, and suddenly, it's my kid on the school bus and my kid taking trips with friends. Wow...
We had a blast, rounded up some great pumpkins (at even greater prices!) and did it all without any meltdowns or blowups.
Sidney is at the best age right now -- she loves everything and has such appreciation for the most simple of treats. There's no need for fancy or flashy, as long as it's fun. I can't wait 'til RJ gets to this age. Babies are fun and toddlers are great, but there's just something magical about a school-aged kid.
Magical, I tell ya.







No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment!