Apr 5, 2012

I Matter

Me, in my little corner of the world, what could I possibly have to say?

Lots, actually.

And me, in my untidy and unedited little space of the internet, with no flashy blog appeal or high stat numbers, what makes me think I'm worthy of readers or even the right to keep on blogging?

Well, because I am, actually.

I am worthy of this space. This space is me. It is my little unholy mess of my life that I like to update and keep track of.

I don't write this for the numbers (obviously, or I'd work harder at getting more pageviews) and I don't write this to gloss over my real, day-to-day life and showcase only the good (like so many annoying blogs out there do).

I just write. What I'm feeling, what I'm thinking. I talk about what I eat and what my kids are up to and what movies I want to go see next.

No earth shattering stories here. Nothing new or exciting to see. Just me and my life and my family. The in-and-out, everyday grind of getting on with our lives.

You'll never read a first scoop here. You'll never find some buried treasure or deep-meaning epiphany of life. I hope you find connection and kinship, but I can't even promise you that.

What you will find are stories. My story. Jokes and funny tales, pictures of my vacations and my kids, and all those other annoying little things people like to push down your throat sometimes. I am the person in line at the store showing you picture after picture of my kid's recital. I am the mom who tells you everything about my kids as if it were the most interesting subject ever. I am definitely that kind of person.

And if you're here reading (and you keep coming back to read) you already know that. I'll just talk to you - the way I talk to people in real life. Telling the same stories. Sharing the same pictures.

I may not be new or hip or exciting. I may be "old hat" and not the new "black" - but I am me.

This is my blog and these are my words. My heart.



And none of the rest of it even matters.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you wrote this. I've been questioning myself lately about the same things. And yes, you ABSOLUTELY do matter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone has a right to speak their mind and share their story, no matter how small or big, how exciting or mundane - we all share that right! :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!