It's definitely an adjustment, so much moreso than it was to go from one to two. We haven't fallen into a groove yet, and I don't anticipate we will anytime soon, but we're getting there. Slowly but surely. Falling back into the normal routine of having a newborn in the house has been my biggest adjustment (duh, obviously), but each day my body is getting more used to less sleep and more divided attention for my kids. I'm so eager to get to that point when things flow a little more naturally, and I don't feel quite so overwhelmed in the little moments.
Luckily, we have an amazing support system and three kids who are just awesome. I can imagine this would be so much harder if we didn't have those two advantages on our side. It makes this transition a million times easier for us all, and I'm so grateful -truly grateful- for everything. Justin and I remind each other almost daily that we are very lucky. Lucky, lucky, lucky.
I have so much about these first few days (quickly turning into weeks) with Jaxon that I want to document but time is slowly slipping away. All the guilt I felt with Rhealen over not having documented and cemented every moment of her first few months doesn't even exist this time with Jaxon; I don't have time to feel guilty! But in the quiet moments when I'm with him I realize I need to do better to put it down in words, snap a few pictures (Jaxon and I have yet to have a photo made together!) and just take the mental pictures I need to so I can remember these days forever.
My hats off to those families of five (or more) who make it work and make it look so easy - I hope to be in that zone soon, but for now...we're just taking it one day at a time. I'm home with my kids, and life is going as well as can be expected at this point.
Here's to many more sleepless nights, more kisses and cuddles, more diapers, more fights between the girls, more teamwork, more memories, more more more. All of it, more.
![]() |
| The first time the girls met Jaxon... |

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment!