Today our little guy is four weeks old - four weeks have already come and gone! I feel like a reptitive high-school senior who keeps writing in my friends' journals I can't believe it's already been so long but it has. Four weeks is a long time in newborn time, and slowly but surely, we're inching away from that newborn phase. Soon he'll be a couple months old and then six months old and then it'll be January again, and we'll be gearing up to celebrate his first birthday! It really does go that fast....
Jaxon is a wonderful baby. Once again, Justin and I hit the baby jackpot and had a calm, happy, easy-going little dude. He's an eating (and therefore pooping!) champion, and even though his sleep is still kind of sporadic at the moment, I really can't complain getting solid three hour stretches at this point. I know there are plenty of horror-story babies that scream constantly and never sleep for more than 30 minutes at a time. I'm just so grateful for another good, wonderful, healthy baby.
Four weeks down, so many more to go. I'm always appreciative and respectful of this tender time with a new baby, but I'll be totally honest and say I can't wait for time to pass us by and for him to grow, grow, grow! Babies are wonderful and adorable and all that sweet jazz, but kids only get more fun the older they get (remind me I said that when I'm dealing with three teenagers!). I can't wait to see his personality grow and watch him develop into the awesome little fella I know he's going to be.
Happy four weeks, Jaxon Leon!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment!