Oh, this girl. My sweet Rhealen Jo.
It has been such an unexpected treat watching her develop into this "big sister" role. I spent so much time during my pregnancy with Jaxon worrying that my sweet little RJ wouldn't adjust well to a new baby in the house. I was riddled with anxiety that she'd resent me, end up hating me or her new brother or both of us - I just knew there was no way that she'd accept Jaxon and be tender, loving or sweet.
Boy, was I proved wrong. And fast!
Rhealen is the sweetest little thing with Jaxon, so sweet and so attentive to him, in her own special way. Unlike Sidney, Rhealen is not one to be overly affectionate or prone to cuddle and kiss. She's a bit standoffish and usually prefers to do her own thing in her own time. With Jaxon, Rhealen will always kiss him when I offer him to her. She will stroke his head and say, "easy" - and has dubbed him "Jaxie", which sounds a hundred times sweeter in her little voice than anything else possibly could. When she wakes up, he's usually the first person she asks about. If he cries, she is quick to make sure somebody hears him and attends to him promptly. She will offer him a bottle, even if it's empty or he's sound asleep. She's just the biggest little delight!
And I'm so glad/grateful I was wrong. She proves me wrong daily by being such a sweetheart to him - and to me. Her heart expanded and made room for Jaxon without shutting me out one bit. She loves me just as much as before, and I have to say, I love her a thousand times more than before her little brother was born. My heart is so full, so open to these little people, I am just humbled and beyond blessed.
My sweet middle child helps to remind me daily that people will always suprise you in the most amazing ways. Thank you, RJ, I hope this isn't the last time you prove your momma so very, very wrong.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment!