Apr 22, 2013

One Week!!

Last night we celebrated our first week of officially living in the new digs!! 

Having the extra room we have now is incredible  it feels so different having a bedroom for everyone and two bathrooms to share. We have space and room and extra nooks and crannies all around us. We can invite people down for dinner or just to hang out. And it's amazing!!

Sometimes I feel a little insecure, almost embarrassed  to tell people we moved from one single-wide into another. But then I remind myself, quit that shit. We bought a four-bedroom house that we are paying for with money earned at our own jobs to give our children a home to grow up in. It doesn't matter what it looks like or where it came from or how it compares to other houses. We did (and are doing) what is best for our family right now, and we will continue to do only that. Sure, we could've gotten something bigger and "better", but we would've been sacrificing our quality of life. And we want to be able to still go out to nice dinners and buy the kids toys just because and take family vacations every year. We bought something with a mortgage that will give us all the house we need and still let us breathe every month. 

And why am I justifying myself? I don't know. But there it is. My justification that is completely unnecessary. 

I love our place, so much already. I can't wait to finish decorating and filling it full of memories with my sweet, little family. And I just need to let go of that voice inside my head that tells me things aren't good enough the way they are. 

Because they're fan-freaking-tastic just the way they are. Right now. 

And I never wanted nothing more. 

1 comment:

  1. LIsten homegirl, you be proud of your home! You've paid your own way and are doing for yourselves! That is something to be proud of in itself!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!