Jul 20, 2009

weekend in review

WOW - that's all I can say about my weekend. It was a whirlwind of two days that seemed to fly by in the blink of an eye. I love being busy but I hate being stressed (especially when I'm stressing about being busy). Let's see, what is making me stressed I wonder? How about Justin finding a different job before his current one lays him off? How about finishing up one simple math class that stands in the way of me and my diploma that makes me feel about the size of an ant? Honestly, tell me how one stupid class can make me feel so dumb. I've logged over 70 hours at that freaking college - how can one class, one simple little business math class tear me down so? I don't know how, but it sure does.

Feeling stressed yet? Yeah, me too. Here's some more: how about moving furniture around my house all day - I live in a 1980-something trailer, not Buckingham Palace. Where am I supposed to put all this stuff? How about dealing with the enourmous temper tantrums of both my 2-year-old daughter and my 22-year-old fiance? How about never having enough money to cover my @$$? I had to take a week off from work to take that vacation to Williamsburg and I've been play catch-up with my bank account ever since. I hate stressing about money!!! I hate being stressed PERIOD.

I did however manage to make that potato soup I wanted to make on Saturday and it was quite delicious - although my "soup" reminded me more of "mashed potatoes". I'm not sure which ingredient I left out or which one I didn't add enough of, but nevertheless it was good. Just not very soup-y.

Oh, and you see this? This tiny little red spot in the corner of my eye? No amount of Visine would wash away this damned spot - I have literally been clawing at my eye all weekend long. Every time I think the spot is disappearing and will leave me alone, it flares up in full-force.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


And another thing - you see this weather? IT'S JULY - how is it possible that we're having 70-degree weather during the day and 50-degree weather at night? YOU HEARD ME RIGHT - we've been having to turn OFF our air-conditioner at night because our house is freezing! When I get up in the morning, I don't want to get out from under my comforter. I'm using a comforter in July - what is wrong with this picture?!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It better clear up before September or I am going to freak out!!!

Luckily for me, I have this crazy, goregous, silly, talented, brilliant, wild child to cheer me up when the drearies of life get me bogged down.
Photobucket


I don't think I would've kept my sanity this past weekend if it hadn't been for our tickle-giggle session on the couch. We ate potato chips and watched Moulin Rouge (yes, she enjoys it too!) and just vegged out a little in the middle of all that insanity. Thank god for this little girlfriend of mine - she's the glue that's holding me together right now.

1 comment:

  1. It has been a hundred plus for days here. We had no rain since April until this week, and the heat was killer. I would do anything for a few days of 70 degrees! And my electric bill would appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!