Oct 19, 2009

Pop-Up Video

'll go ahead and say it: I was never an MTV girl.

VH-1 has always had my heart. What can I say? That's just the way the cookie crumbles. My mom always like to tell this story of how I was watching videos one morning as a kid (I was 6 or 7 I think) and when she came in the living room I was all "Mom!!! You've got to see this new guy on TV!!!!"

Turns out the "new guy" was Meat Loaf. I was so hip. And he definitely was not "new" to my mother. (Luckily for me, my awesome parents took me to see Meat Loaf shortly after this....because my parents were just way cool like that.)

I've been hooked on VH-1 all my life. And there was nothing I loved more than Pop-Up Videos. Weren't those the BEST?! I could sit and watch them for hours (and I'm pretty sure I did sometimes). I loved them! Sometimes when I'm flipping through the late-night channels I'll catch a marathon or a re-run special going on, and there they are. All those great videos from the late 80s 90s that I used to worship (and still kind of do). Here are some I could find for your viewing pleasure.








2 comments:

  1. I can still hear the tune in my head "Pop Up Video"! Loved that show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. I watched the heck out of that show, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!