Jul 12, 2010

apparently I enjoy the "crazy"

Because my life isn't totally bonkers enough at the moment, Justin and I bought Sidney two hampsters and a fish last night.

Pause for reaction (and head-exploding).

That means we have three humans and five pets living in a 1980s singlewide. Well, technically the dogs live outside, but you catch my drift, right? We're crazy, that's the only thing I can think to say.

But Sidney loves them and seeing her smile is good enough reason for me. We've named the red beta fish Goldie (Sid's idea) and the hampsters Fuzzy (again, Sid's idea) and Flo (my idea). Our pet-naming skills are obviously all over the place because now we've got Archie, Jace, Goldie, Fuzzy and Flo. None of it makes any sense.

And speaking of Archie and Jace, it's been awhile since I've shared any pictures of our sweet boys, so here's some recent ones from the weekend.

Jace
my pretty boy, Jace
there might be food
aw poor guy, I fussed at him a little too much
My handsome, sweet, tender-hearted little guy - he's my big baby and he lets Archie know it. He's jealous and protective and the best guard dog ever. Once when Mom came to pick SidMo up, Jace wouldn't let Mom near her and tried to corral her back up the hill towards our house. He loves having his picture taken and loves being the center of attention 24/7.

Archie
Archie refuses to be a part of any pictures
OMG, it's Archie & he's actually standing still
archie in his element - eating
Archie on the other hand, refuses to cooperate. He hates having his picture taken, hates even sitting still for too long. He's always into something, dragging stuff out into the yard, shredding newspapers, etc. Whenever I get up off the swing to walk back into the house, Archie runs off the porch and just looks at me - like he's terrified I might actually reach down and pet him before I go back in the house. He's nuts, to say the least, and that's why he's Justin's dog moreso than mine.

These animals, I love them - all of them equally already. I'm a fierce devotee to having furry critters around the house at all times, so I enjoy it.

Justin on the other hand might just divorce me if I bring home one more thing to live in or at our house.