Jul 1, 2010

paranormal fail? maybe

Ok, so y'all know I like the movie Paranormal Activity right? I mean, I've written about it here before.

Well I saw the trailer for Paranormal Activity 2 during the previews before Eclipse the other night, and I have to admit, it got my blood racing a little. I thoroughly enjoyed the first one, and while most horror-movie sequels suck, this one looks decent.

Kids are the scariest thing ever (remind me to tell you about how I think my kid is in tune with the supernatural, no scary or silly stuff, I just really think she's got the *gift*). So any scary movie involving kids has the power to make me cower in fear.

I checked out this trailer again today and something caught my eye. Right around the 0:55 mark you see the "demon" standing in the doorway. You see the reflection of the room in the mirror at the top of the screen. You see the baby standing up in the crib. But when you look at the actual crib in the room, the baby is gone. (Check it out - if you're too scared to watch the trailer, you can still see what I'm talking about in the screen capture below)

Now does this mean the baby is the "demon"? Does it mean the mirror is some portal between the worlds? I really don't know, and honestly, I think it was just bad editing. A goof. Something you'd see on the pages of Photoshop Disasters.

But only time will tell. I just hope this movie is as good as the first one, true to the basic idea of what fear really is and the little things you need to make one scary movie: modest budget, simple idea - solid story.