Dec 7, 2010

looking back

Since I put the LinkWithin system back on my blog, I've been going back and reading some of the random posts from my past. Some of them make me smile. Some of them make me cringe. Some of them make me very proud knowing I wrote something pretty amazing, full of truth and poetic beauty. And of course, some stuff is just mentionless fluff worth nothing.

There have been a few moments where I wanted to go back and "delete" a post, it was that shun-worthy. But I haven't (yet) and hopefully I won't. No matter how embarassing or shameful or mean or weird it might be now to read what I've written, I can't bear the thought of permanently erasing my words. At one point and time, that was what I felt, what I thought - what I chose to write about.

And that makes it worthy of remaining intact with this blog. My little blog has seen many changes - from design to topics to followers to everything else in between. But it has remained my blog, the essence of me at a particular moment in time.

Next month will be the start of another year - the third January in a row I've spent blogging about life. And I can only hope to experience more laughs, more memories, more dreams realized and awakened. I can only hope to look back at my life this time next year and feel the way I do right now: hopeful and happy.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment!