Dec 14, 2011

the late shopper

There's how many days 'til Christmas, and I just bought the first few presents today...online?

Procrastination by any other name would be Mary Ruth. Because that's just how I am. I keep thinking that'll change with time. I'll get older and my life will stop being one late assignment after another. I'll grow into doing things on time and not being so rushed for the rest of my days. But, no. It's not meant to be. I'm going to be late for my own funeral at this rate.

I like the hustle and the bustle this time of year, and I'm so proud of those of you that can get your shopping DONE by Dec. 1st. That just ain't my style, apparently.

I'm the one on Amazon praying they have last minute delivery and then watching for the UPS man like a maniac, hoping to have just a few minutes left to wrap up the gifts (or throw them in gift bags) before Christmas Eve. It's not that I don't love to shop for those I love. It's just that I love procrastinating even more.

Sorry, folks. I may have put a lot of though into what gift(s) I get you this year - but I definitely didn't put a lot of time in them. Doesn't make them any less awesome, though, right?

What about you? Are you a "get it all done on Black Friday so I can sit back and watch you lazy bones go crazy" kind of shopper - or are you a "wait on the delivery truck at midnight on Christmas Eve at WalMart to get the camcorder I want" kind of shopper?

Three Christmases ago, the latter was my dear husband. True story. I guess that's why I married him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!