May 22, 2013

Currently



Loving: Sidney's haircut -- Justin's mom cut it off for her a couple weekends ago, and it's made taking care of her hair so much easier! I also get "she's your twin!" comments 10x more than before, which I don't mind one stinking bit :)

Reading: Mortal Instruments: City of Bones -- y'all know I love me some YA Fiction, and this book is right up my alley. I admit, I only heard about this series because of the movie soon to be released. No judgment! 

Watching: The Sound of Music -- or rather, I intend to this weekend. (Library score!) 

Eating: Dorito Casserole - seriously so easy and so amazingly delicious! Finally Pinterest paid off: chicken breast (boiled and shredded). Add to a mix of 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1 packet of Taco seasoning, sour cream and shredded cheese (I add a little milk just to make it more creamy). Place on top of Doritos and sprinkle with cheese, then bake in the oven on 350 deg. for about 30-40 minutes 'til everything is melted and bubbly. It's SO GOOD.

Anticipating: Our Memorial Day trip to Tweetsie Railroad with my mom's third grade class -- Sidney has been before, but this'll be mine and Rhealen's first trip! Woohoo!

Listening to: A bunch of old mixed CDs I found from high-school. And I'm so excited that 94.9 is doing a throwback weekend coming up!  

Working on: Packing my lunch to work everyday -- I know that sounds kind of silly, but it really does save money in the long run. Bonus: it forces me to get creative with my lunches instead of the "same old, same old". 

Wishing: There was more I could do about the death and destruction in Oklahoma -- I've been keeping up with the aftermath of the tornado, but it's more than I handle most of the time. My heart just breaks for those poor children lost and the ones left behind. I'm very grateful that I live in a particular area where our most severe weather is an occasional thunderstorm in spring or a snowstorm in winter. Our weather usually ins't extreme to any degree, and I can't imagine the fear of knowing you live in an area where tornadoes like the F5 that ripped through Moore, OK can happen every year. 

Currently series inspired by Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!