Sep 9, 2013

Currently

My baby boy -- going to be a big brother soon! 

Loving: This weather -- I know each time the temperature drops a degree, people get a little more excited for fall! and lattes! and pumpkins! and believe me, I'm right there with you -- but this in between weather of summer and fall is so nice. Cool mornings, warm sunny days and crisp evenings. What's not to love?!

Reading: Elephant Girl: A Human Story by Jane Devin -- this is one of those free Amazon Prime books I picked up randomly, but I'm loving it so far. It's bittersweet, honest, and beautiful. I'm only about 1/3 of the way through it, but I'm really liking it and would give it "two thumbs up" so far! 

Watching: Porter Ridge -- what has to be THE DUMBEST show ever, but my husband is obsessed with it for some reason, and I can't turn away. I love that almost 90% of the dialogue is captioned for those who aren't used to poor hillbilly slang, yet I can understand every. single. word. 

Eating: Well...it's more of drinking: choclate milk! Can't get enough of the stuff, and I usually have to drink at least two full glasses before bedtime!

Anticipating: The arrival of BABY NO. 4! I didn't post any type of official "announcement" here (which is just further proof that this isn't a real blog anymore) but, yeah, I'm pregnant. Again! We're adding to our family +1 -- a little lady will be here by Jan. 22 :)

Listening to: Randomness, as usual -- right now I love Katy Perry's "Roar", Jason Aldean's "Night Train", Halestorm's "Here's to Us", and more. It's all random, all the time. 

Working on: Unpacking and arranging the last of the things from the old house. We finally, FINALLY! got the last of our stuff hauled over and now our new house looks like a hurricane blew through. I still can't wrap my head around how we accumulated so much stuff over the course of four years living together! 

Wishing: I had better answers for some of the questions Sidney throws my way -- she thinks so deeply sometimes, she completely throws me off my game with these heavy questions about life and death and family and love. I don't always feel like I'm doing her justice with the answers I give -- I just try to speak from the heart and be honest with her. I don't think a parent can go too wrong just being open with their children, and while I want to give her my real answers, I also try to remind her that she can make up her own mind about everything in life. Her opinion is her own! 

Currently series inspired by Danielle.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, four times the fun! I love the free books, love them more when they're actually good reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know what you mean, I hate wasting my one free book rental on a stinky book! And I'm too cheap to get a different one :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!