Sep 25, 2013

Currently



Loving: How nice and peaceful things feel right now -- I know you might think there's never a moment of peace in the chaos of our lives (three kids, two parents that work full-time, school activities, etc.) but honestly, there's a certain feeling of serenity among us right now. I don't know if it's this time of year or just a freak moment in time, but all feels right in our world, and I'm loving it. 

Reading: Justin likes to make fun of the fact that I still enjoy reading my copy of What to Expect When You're Expecting -- I think my best cousin/buddy Dobby got it for me when I was pregnant with Sidney. I've treasured it, dog-eared so many pages, and basically kept it by my bedside like a bible during each of my pregnancies. I know the information inside like the back of my hand, but there's just something so reassuring about seeing answers to my questions in black-and-white anytime I need to calm my mind (or worrisome husband). 

Watching: I'm sure I've admitted to it on the blog before, but I'm a real sucker for reality TV cooking shows. Chopped is my all-time favorite, and now that we have that fancy-pants DVR, I never miss a show! And I love it! Chopped episodes for everyone :) 

Eating: Still in love with chocolate milk like there's no tomorrow (it's this baby girl who's really in love with it, I should say) but recently, I've been downing Starbucks' Salted Caramel Mocha hand over fist! They are just SO GOOD. Confession: a couple weeks ago, I had two in one day. I'm so ashamed

Anticipating: Halloween! I know, I know -- if you're one of those people who fall into the "stop anticipating and rushing each upcoming holiday" file, I understand, believe me! I am so appalled that there are already Christmas layaway commercials on TV, you just don't even know -- but I am excited for Halloween and just as excited for all the days leading up to Halloween. Honestly, I hope the days go by slowly -- I enjoy getting to enjoy our decorations and that countdown feeling that comes with the holidays. 

Listening to: Halestorm - and lots of it. It's such a random thing, not sure how it happened, but I blame my hormonal self. Here's to Us makes me weepy ::cue eye rolls:: and I'm just in love with Lzzy Hale's voice. Ah-mazing. 

Working on: Rearranging bedrooms and figuring out sleeping situations for everyone. The girls will now have to share a room for awhile, so it's been interesting trying to figure out how to get them sleeping comfortably in the same space. Sidney would still sleep with us if we let her -- she prefers to have the TV on as she falls asleep, plus her night-light (and sometimes a DreamLite pillow, too) and the door wide open with no chance of closing (read: a giant plush horse in front of her door so it can't budge an inch). Rhealen likes the room pitch black with the door closed and zero noise/light. So.....yeah. It's going to be interesting merging the two of them. Plus? What kind of beds do we get? Sidney has a twin-sized bed and Rhealen still sleeps in her crib. We're thinking bunk beds will be the way to go -- or maybe a day bed? So confused....

Wishing: I knew how to knit. Or crochet. Or anything like that -- I guess I could do something really strange like learn to do it. But I haven't yet and lord knows if I ever will. Sigh. 

Currently series inspired by Danielle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!