Ten years ago today, on a chilly night after a football game, I kissed that boy of mine in the backseat of my grand-parent's handicapped van. I kissed him and I meant it. And I've meant every kiss from that night 'til now.
It's that day of the year -- the day I wax poetic about the love I have for my husband and how he's the best of the best and there'll never be another man for me.
And all that's true, for sure.
And lord knows I love to ramble on and on about the lovey dovey things in life.
But I'm not going to -- not today. Not too much, at least.
Today, four years ago, I stood in front family and friends and vowed to be married to my husband for better or worse. And I meant it. And he meant it, too. So here we are, four years later, keeping the vows we promised to each other and to our loved ones. And through it all -- the best of the better and the worst of the worse -- we have loved each other. From last year's anniversary to today's, there have been quite a few uphill/downhill moments for us. But I know now, more than I ever knew before, that I am so loved. I am safe in my marriage. I am undeservingly blessed with a husband who loves me, and I honestly don't think I could rid myself of him if I tried. Not that I'd ever want to -- Justin is as much a part of me as my hand or heart. He's not an extension of me but rather the completing piece. It's that simple and that complicated.
And I said I wasn't going to ramble, so I'm stopping. Right now. Promise.
Happy anniversary, babe. Thank you for this life you've created with me.
Here's to all that we kissed, And all that we missed To the biggest mistakes, That we just wouldn't trade To us breaking up, Without us breaking down To whatever's comin' our way - here's to us :)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment!