May 29, 2009

oh boy! a letter trick

I learned this somewhere as a kid and sometimes when I'm bored, I'll sit and draw a million of these little guys all over my paper. It's just another one of those totally pointless things we learn to do as a kid that sticks with us until the day we die; why couldn't those algebra lessons have stuck so well?!

Anyways, here's something to teach your kiddos (or enjoy for yourself) next time you feel like doodling the day away! ENJOY!

STEP ONE: print the word "boy".
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
STEP TWO: connect the top of the b to the outer stem of the y & connect the bottom stem of the y to the bottom of the b to make a circle/face.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
STEP THREE: connect the inner stem of the y to the same spot on the upper spot of the b as in step two.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
STEP FOUR: draw some pupils inside the circles made by the b and o.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
STEP FIVE: draw the mouth and voila! you have a boy!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Of course, feel free to decorate your BOY however you see fit! Give him crazy hair or a big nose or buck teeth or pimples or dumbo ears. Draw a little BOY and then you can create a whole body to go with him. The possibilities are endless (god, don't I know it)! If you ever see a bunch of these scribbled on some random toilet stall in some random bathroom then there's a pretty safe bet it was yours truly here! :)

Here's my completed BOY!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Do you have any letter/word tricks you can do? I'd love to learn a new one seeing as how I've been doing this one since the 4th grade!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!