May 5, 2009

SidMo

As of today, SidMo is exactly 20 months old. I've felt this emotion before when she transitioned from 9 months to 10 months - she went from single to double digits in a day's time. Now she's gone from the 1's to the 2's, even though she's not technically 2 yet. But it's coming - it's just up ahead and to the left. Before I know it, I'll be putting 3's in front of the numbers. It's an odd feeling, watching her grow and realizing I can do absolutely nothing to stop the clock. She's changed so much in just a short 20 months, I can't imagine what the years will do to her.

But it's only a matter of time before the years have come and gone. I know this, even if she doesn't yet. And I'll remember this part of her life, even if she can't. These days don't really belong to her - they're more for my benefit than hers. Someday she'll have her own memory, her own life. But for now, I am her memories. I am her life. And I'm doing my absolute best to make it the best life I can for her. Happy 20 months SidMo - I love you, kid.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
from a summer baby making my feet swell and my back hurt...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
...to a 7 lb. cutie with a head full of hair and perfect skin...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
...and now a dynamite toddler with even crazier hair and a smile to make me melt.

2 comments:

  1. it does go fast! Sometimes too fast and sometimes not fast enough.... lol....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless her heart. She's beautiful! And so is her puppy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!