Feb 11, 2010

Edward, Bella & Jacob (or Rob, Kristen & Taylor - whatever)

I am going to discuss the three stars of Twilight here, while somehow managing not to talk about Twilight at all. Somehow. Here goes...

Taylor Lautner
Today is February 11th!!! And you all probably don't know what that means, right??? HAPPY 18th BIRTHDAY, TAYLOR LAUTNER!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, the Wolfboy is finally 18 - so now I can stop feeling like a pervy old cradle-robbing lady and I can stare at those gorgeous six or eight ten twelve pack abs he's got without feeling the need to shower; okay, maybe that feeling is still there but the reason behind it is no longer jailbait :) Take him in, ladies (and gentlemen) - that is one good looking 18-year-old manboy.


Kristen Stewart
This past weekend I watched "Adventureland" and I have to say, it was funny. Not so much because KStew was in it because if I'm being honest here, Bill Hader stole the show for me even though his role wasn't that prominent. Seriously, WATCH THIS CLIP (which is definitely NSFW) - I was in the floor rolling around dying from laughter. It may seem out of context if you haven't seen the whole thing, but it's still funny.

Anyways, back to Kristen Stewart. I think she's a decent actress, although watching her speak publicly at press events and such is painful...extremely painful. Luckily for her (and us) her acting is a little better. I liked her Panic Room and The Messenges and Into the Wild (WATCH THIS CLIP - she can sing halfway decent too!) and of course I tolerate her in the Twilight Series. She did better in New Moon than in Twilight, so I'm hoping by the time we get to Breaking Dawn she might be what some critics would call "good". I am also excited to see her new movie coming out March 19th, "The Runaways". She plays Joan Jett (remember seeing pictures of her with that god-awful black mullet? ick) and Dakota Fanning plays Cherie Currie her bandmate. It looks pretty decent and I give both actresses kudos to actually performing the songs themselves instead of just lip-synching. But I want you to look at this photo and tell me if you see what I see, okay?
Based solely on bone structure (look at the eyes and chins) and facial expressions (not hair color) don't you think they got the girls roles reversed? To me Kristen Stewart looks a lot more like Cherie Currie and Dakota Fanning looks a lot more like Joan Jett. Maybe it's just me - but that's what I see. Still yet, I'm excited. It looks promising - I'm always for a little fist-pumping "you go girl" kind of movie!

Rob Pattinson
Okay, so I did what I think is the very fair and respectful thing to do seeing as how I watched other movies with Kristen Stewart, and I gave R-Patz the benefit of the doubt when it comes to his "acting". I wanted to experience some kind of Pattinson power and beauty other than what I've seen in the Twilight series. I enjoyed his music, which is something other than playing a sparkly vampire, so I thought to myself "what the hell" - I'll give it a shot. So, onto Netflix I did go where both "How to Be" and "Little Ashes" are already streaming instantly. I tried to watch "How to Be" first; note I said try. Not even that, I tried twice. That movie is painful - normally I enjoy dry British humor and the like, but this movie was just horrible. God-awful, no good horrible.

 So, then I tried to watch "Little Ashes" knowing that there'd be some homoerotic stuff going on and that Pattinson (who is British) would be playing Salvador Dali (who was Spanish) and that it just wouldn't be right (the cultural difference, not the gay part - go gays). And that movie was pretty craptastic, too. RPatz's acting just made me cringe - the story was lovely and the scenery pretty. The cast was decent and the wardrobes very interesting. But they should've never let Rob Pattinson near that set - why in the world they didn't get a Spanish actor (or just a Spanish-looking/speaking) actor to play the role of Dali I'll never understand.

It is with a heavy heart and a befuddled brain that I find myself somewhat hesitant about seeing his newest film "Remember Me" coming out on March 12th. I saw an extended clip earlier (featured below) that shows promise. Pattinson looks cute - I see resemblences of acting. And there's chemistry between the two actors (the lady lead played by Emilie de Ravin - you might know her from a little show I've heard about called LOST). It's nothing compared to the KStew/RPatz chemistry that makes me hold my breath and stop my knees from shaking, but it'll do nicely enough I think. So, I'm willing to give Rob a break here and see his new movie. After all, even if "Remember Me" isn't very remember-worthy, June 30 will be here soon enough.

And speaking of June 30th.....

4 comments:

  1. Ugh. Joan Jett has had a crap load of (bad) plastic surgery. I hadn't even seen a recent picture of her until this one. I think Kristen looks more like a young Joan Jett than now...especially with Joan's creepy cheek bones and abnormally open eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOD HES FINALLY GOING TO BE LEGAL. So it's not creepy anymore that I'm totally in love with him right??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got so excited yesterday when I saw Taylor was legal (not for me, GO TEAM EDWARD!) because one of my bests is seriously in love with that boy. Um, man. haha!

    I love the Twilight actors, but their acting needs to go a long way. Oh, well! I'm still in love with those movies, no matter how bad the acting is! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I'm counting down the days until June 30th! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!