Also known as "the exploding diaper".
I'm getting a little weary of changing diapers - for almost three years (that's 36 months or 1,095 days) I've been changing diapers. I've seen them all: the ooey, the gooey, the slimey, the stinky, the rabbit turd, the pellet, the green monsther, the blob, the ooze, the oregon trail, the mighty duckfart, the shart, the runs, the rips, the POOP has just been unimaginable. And yet, so creative. Kudos to my toddler for having such different poops in your short little life.
We've been pushing Sidney towards potty-training for quite some time now; gently nudging her in the direction she needs to be heading. We've got the panties and the potty chair and the little toilet lid. We've gotten advice from everyone under the sun, and the main thing I've come to learn about potty-training advice is that everyone's advice is different. I've yet to meet a single person talking about this discussion who had an identical story to one I've heard before. IS IT REALLY THAT DIFFERENT FOR EVERY KID?
With Sidney, I don't want to push her - she's got her bladder issues and I don't want to put any more stress on her system than is needed. But I feel like it's getting to be that time. I don't want to push her into anything she's not ready to do, I want her to grow up on her own schedule and I feel like a tool for whining/blogging about this.
But it's time, really, she's ready. She's got the mechanics down - she can hold everything 'til she's ready. She can wear undies for hours without a mess - she knows how to sit and wipe and flush and wash hands. She *knows* all about it. She just doesn't want to do it herself....yet.
When will she get there? How do I push her without pushing her? Will the poopy diapers ever cease to be?
I feel like I'm on repeat here, and it's never going to end. And I feel like a total jackass for even having the nerve to blog about my kid NOT using the toilet. Excuse me while I go find a barf-bag and relieve myself of this current case of the "mommyblog".