Jul 16, 2012

What Really Matters

Earlier today, I was feeling a lull of guilt that, after nearly four years of blogging, I haven't really made much definable "progress".

I don't have a huge following of readers. I don't publish ads and make money off of blogging. I'm not working with other networks to post as a co-author on another site. I'm not trendy or popular or insert adjective here.

And for a brief moment, that made me kind of sad. I've put a lot of time and effort and tears and stories into this space; it's been my outlet of choice for years now, and I can't imagine not having this blog to come to and speak my mind. I feel like I should be able to measure how well this blog is doing and show some kind of improvement for my time and effort.

Then, I just said fuck that.

This is my blog, my space, my voice. Ten years from now, when I look back on my archives, I know I'm going to be so incredibly grateful that I spent my time blogging about the mundane things my kids did and the mini-vacations my family took and the crazy nights my friends and I spent. I'm going to love the little things, because it's the little things that often get forgotten.

There are a million and one moments stored away here, and a million and one more to come. These are the things I will cherish and miss and wish for more of. It won't be the sponsored posts or the c/o items or the hits per published page. All of that will mean absolutely nothing compared to the true memories, the moments forever frozen in time because I just so happened to post randomly about it on any given day.

I'm just so grateful, and reminded to be so, for this blog. It's mine, all mine, and I want to remember to document the mundane, the little, the nuances that are often forgotten. Here, they won't be forgotten. Even if they exist only buried deep within my archives, it's nice to know they're written down somewhere for all of time.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment!