Oct 11, 2012

24.

Today marks week 24!

For those of you who don't keep up with pregnancy week-by-week, that is officially month six! I realize I am absolutely horrible at documenting pregnancy, and honestly, I have no intention of keeping up with it week to week, or month to month. I finally installed a little "ticker" over on the right-hand side just to remind myself where I am with this pregnancy. It's totally cliche, but I really don't have the time to dwell on being pregnant. I just am, and thankfully, I am easily at this point; so there is no sitting around, lazily day-dreaming about baby for hours on end.

Some quick notes about this pregnancy at week 24, (because I know someday I will appreciate the fact that I made myself jot down a quick something, anything about being pregnant with number three):

-kicks and hiccups are how we start our day...baby boy is most active before I go to sleep and when I wake up, which makes me think he's really active all night long and ohmygod, I already dread sleepless nights with him!

-my hair has never looked better, so thanks for that kid! I know there's an old wives tale about how girls steal your beauty and boys amplify it, or something, so I find it kind of funny how this pregnancy is the only one I've been able to enjoy the perks of shiny, voluminous hair that grows non-stop.

-heartburn has been fairly minimal (especially compared to the last two pregnancies) and my body overall feels really good; it's impossible to sleep on my right side, which I've learned recently is my favorite side, so that's a bit of a bummer. Left side (with a good pillow between the knees) is the only way to go!

-my boobs are acting as I expected them to (leaky and full and a total pain in the ass already), but there's a new addition of painful sensations whenever I step outside into the lovely, brisk weather. This is a new one for me, as the girls never really acted this way when I was pregnant with the other girls, so if you're responsible for this, kid, I don't thank you.

-weight gain at this point is nil, which I'm thankful for. Being a plus-size momma to begin with, I really have to watch my weight throughout pregnancy, and so far so good. I passed my glucose test with flying colors (first time and everything!), so that's a huge relief. My appetite is so weird at this point, I guess I can attribute the no weight gain thing to the baby. I keep waiting to get those voracious cravings and big bellied appetites, but no. No such luck. If I have the "want to" to want to eat two meals a day, then I'm flying high here.

-we still don't have a name for this kid, which is still killing me. Every night I lay down and ask Justin, "so what are we naming this baby?" and every night I fall asleep before we can settle on something. Oy vey.

I guess soon enough I'll turn sideways and take a picture of this bump, but honestly, I'm so unmotivated to document everything at this point. I'm just ready to be done being pregnant (which is a total conundrum  because I'm also trying to savor every second of it since it's definitely THE LAST TIME, Mom) and for baby to be here! That's when the real fun begins :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!