31 weeks!
I'm stuck in that lull between really pregnant and really not quite done being pregnant. The end is so near yet so freaking far away. I'm convinced January 31st is never coming, but I also can't believe we're days away from December 1st. Call it pregnancy crazy, but math is a total bitch when you're gestating.
So, thirty-one weeks, and I feel fine. Really, I do! For the most part. My back aches and my bladder is never going to recover and I have hot-flashes like no one's business, but it's all a part of the joy of creating life. I'm going to miss these days sooner rather than later, because as much as I may whine about it from time to time, I really do enjoy being pregnant.
Baby boy is doing good, as far as I can tell. He's a regular mover and shaker - not to the excess Rhealen was but not so docile as Sidney was. Somewhere in the middle, I'd say (let's hope he has the middle ground traits of their personalities, too!). He remains nameless, and I've come to terms with the fact that he'll probably remain nameless until sometime after he arrives. I think Justin is waiting to get a look at him before deciding on a moniker, which I know is a totally common practice among a lot of people, it's just not my personal style per se. I/we named the girls pretty much the moment we found out they were, indeed, girls.
And speaking of doing things differently than with the girls, we are such total typical "third time" parents. We have nothing ready for this poor kid - no crib set up, no clothes ready, no bottles or anything. We have a carseat waiting to be picked up, washed and installed. We have some blankets and bibs and a few outfits for him when he's bigger (thanks to anyone who has or plans to gift us 'hand-me-downs'!), but that's it. My grand-parents sent us a sweet little outfit a few months ago, and I think we'll use it as his "going home" outfit. But other than that, I feel so unprepared. And yet, totally calm about it. We'll stop by the store on the way home from the hospital if need be.
Really, you don't need that much for a newborn. They don't care if they come home to a fully decorated nursery or not. They don't care if your swing and carseat and bouncy-chair all match. They don't care what brand bottles you use; they care about bottles even less if you're popping a boob in their mouth! And they especially don't care what they wear as long as it's warm and cozy.
And I've gotten totally side-tracked here! Point made: I'm 31 weeks today, and all is well!
And I've gotten totally side-tracked here! Point made: I'm 31 weeks today, and all is well!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment!