: The results of last night's election - I headed to bed when the critical swing states were still being tallied, but during one of my many nightly "pee trips" I checked CNN and saw that Virginia and Ohio were both blue, and Obama had clenched the electoral votes needed. Such an amazing moment in our history, and I cannot wait to see how far we can go in the next four years!
Watching: The Walking Dead as faithfully as a human possibly can - I just have to keep reminding myself "it's just a TV show"!
Thinking about: Baby boy names, all the time. Still nothing.
Anticipating: Thanksgiving with the families - I'm so lucky to have such an amazing family around me and to be so close to my in-laws. The holidays help remind me that family truly is everything in life, and I'm so grateful to be a part of my heritage, my family's living story.
Listening to: Tyrone Davis - Turn Back The Hands of Time (best song ever at the moment!)
Working on: Being positive, keeping my opinions to myself, or at least sharing them in a positive way, and accepting others for their different beliefs and values. This election has really brought out the best and worst of people, as elections are apt to do, and I have a knee-jerk reaction to jump in on the social media blasting, but I try to always stop myself. Everyone has an opinion, everyone has a right to share their opinion, and while I hate seeing my news-feeds flooded with opinions that are far different than my own, I'm doing my best to stay neutral. I don't mind discussing my beliefs or the issues, but I'd much rather do it face-to-face with people than hide behind my computer screen where it's so much easier to be brave.
Wishing: For a better tomorrow, always.
Currently series inspired by Danielle.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment!