I know it's only been a couple of weeks since I posted a "sleeping babies" photo, but here I am, doing it again. These moments of peacefulness and adorableness co-existing are few and far between at times, so I like to capture them while I can.
I savor these moments and recall them fondly when I'm trying to cook supper while the big kid is running laps through the house (clothing-optional at times) and the little one is screaming at me to pick her up so she can play with the pot of boiling noodles - I swear I'm never so happy as to see Justin walk through the door (although I can only imagine what it's like to walk into this madness every evening!)
Life with two, shew! Life with three? God help me.

I'm so thankful that evenings are hard for other moms! I know that sounds selfish and awful, but I was really down this weekend thinking I'm a terrible mother because evenings can be so difficult.
ReplyDeleteEvenings really are the worst; when I'm home all day on the weekends it's a total 180 when it gets to be evening time and I've been there all day to build up to cooking dinner and getting everything done. Coming in from work during the week to our typical evenings can be a nightmare, and as much as I hate to admit it, the kids really dictate how our evenings go. Their moods and tempers are what set the tone for how the evening goes, so Justin and I have learned to just enjoy the evenings we can and survive the ones that are rough. What else is there to do? You're no bad momma, don't let those thoughts get to you!
Delete